This large-mouth bass is a character in my first children's book published in 2002. Her name is Madame Mossback. She can outsmart any fisherman. Note for experienced fishermen: one angler is "cheating" by using bait & a spinner together. He is desperate!
Yesterday was my wedding anniversary. During the day my 15 year old daughter took the opportunity to ask me, "How does it feel to be married for 17 years?" It's nice to think I once was this young because I don't look like this anymore! How does it feel? I could not give her a brief answer that would explain the ups and downs of devoted love. But I did remember a story that describes the value and pain of redeeming love. So, tonight as a family, we sat around the Christmas tree and re-read an old favorite, The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams. Almost 100 years ago in 1922, Margery Williams wrote The Velveteen Rabbit , a children's classic that begins with the arrival of a stuffed animal bunny in a little boy's Christmas stocking. If you want a refresher on this tender novelette, you can find it here on Brainpickings , along with lovely illustrations by Japanese artist Komako Sakai. The Velveteen Rabbit ...
Very pretty. Thank you for the nice comments on my blogger. A wacom is this:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.wacom.com/graphire/index.cfm