All the works above are gallery-wrapped, acrylic on canvas, 6" H x 6" W x 1.5" D All the works above are gallery-wrapped, 4" H x 6" W x 1.5" D Gallery-wrapped, 20" H x 16" W x 1" D Gallery-wrapped, 20" H x 16" W x 1.5" D Nicole Arnold Artist Statement on Cogs & Gears series of paintings: Snapshots of interconnectedness Over the past three years, I have studied the works of the modern masters of the early 20th century including Kandinsky, Mondrian, Rothko, and Frank Lloyd Wright. Out of all the artists I studied, Kandinsky’s life and work have especially spoken to me. Kandinsky wrote extensively on color, shape and the meaning behind these elemental choices in painting. As with so many individuals, the two world wars decimated his life. WWI forced him home to Russia, where his son would die from complications from starvation. The horrors of war would not end there. Kandinsky moved to Germany to teach at the Bauhaus s...
Your work is really fine...exquisite! The children are truly angelic...I love the flowers that surround them. What a gorgoeous portrait!
ReplyDelete